Friday, May 7, 2010

Day 127 - Starlight Theater, Chelsea Lately & Liam's first time to our house

I got home from my business trip a little after 5 and as we were pulling into my driveway had a warm welcome from my Momma & sister Michell. They came to town this afternoon for some fun Mother's day activities and for Michelle, her friend Ashley and I to go see Chelsea Handler at the Starlight Theater.

This was my first time to the Starlight Theater (in nearly 4 years of living in KC) and I am so happy I finally made it there. It is a unique outdoor theater that is located in an older (not-so-safe) part of KC called Swope Park. Hopefully Quinn and I will be able to catch a few shows this summer too

It was pretty cold for an outdoor show, but we had great seats (good work Shell-bell) and really enjoyed both the opening comedian, Chris Franola and Chelsea.

My sister Michelle and her friend Ashley have both read her books and are much bigger fans than I am (and had a better idea of what to expect - pretty raunchy)

Here are my adorable little nuggets (they are both pretty short and this is a term Chelsea uses often, so we had fun with that) before the show

And me & my mini-me, my sister Michelle

Chelsea came out on stage in a Royals shirt which was a crowd pleaser and jumped right into her bit.

It was a funny show with good company and I am so glad Michelle & Ashley invited me to join them tonight :)

Other Firsts: While we were at the show, more visitors arrived! My sister Janelle and her family (husband Nate & baby Liam) got to our house and it was so fun to have everyone at our house. This was Liam's first trip to KC (hopefully the first of many to come)

2 comments:

  1. love chelsea! when i saw she was coming to kc i quickly entertained the idea of going :) glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colette no wonder I haven't seen you in forever...you've barely been here! Looks like you've been up to a lot of fun and exciting stuff! Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete