Thursday, May 27, 2010

Day 147 - Reviving an Old Light Fixture

We have an old, shabby (and I am guessing original) light fixture in one of our spare bedrooms (aka - my craft room/Quinn's storage space/mail sorting area/guest room . . . it has many functions) that I have been wanting to give a quick face-lift to for a while now. I didn't get a chance to snap a picture of it in the ceiling before Quinn took it down, but here it is, pre-dusted (embarrassing - my house really is pretty clean) in all it's original glory

Can you see the potential? I love the glass shades and the simplicity of it, but the aged, metal-look has to go, so I disassembled the fixture (in under 5 minutes)

Cleaned & dried everything off

Covered the light sockets with tape

Took it out side, set up some news paper and sprayed away - using long strokes and covering each angle well

I am going to let it dry over night and will add a complete picture once it's all reassembled in our ceiling.

This was a very quick project (the hardest part was getting it un-wired and off the ceiling (Thanks Q!). I am so happy with the results . . . now I can't help but wonder what to spray paint next?

No comments:

Post a Comment