Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Day 138 - Tea Cup Planters

My parents gave me this cute little 'tea cup planter' during my moms last visit to see me. I am a big tea drinker (rarely ever drink coffee) and love tea, plus I love fresh herbs & gardening so this fun, just because gift from my parents was right up my alley.

It has 3 cup-like planters, complete with the seeds and peat-moss pellets for soil, so everything I need to get started.

First I had to soak these pellets for about 4-hours

the process in between being pellets to soil was questionable . . .

but after the time passed and a few mixes with a fork it looked like any regular planting soil.

I decided to put a few marbles in the bottom of each planter and then filled each one with soil and added the seeds. There were 3 seed varieties, lemon grass, peppermint and chamomile.

After planting the seeds, per the instructions provided I covered each container with plastic and set in a window (also part of the instruction) Now I wait for a little over a week until they germinate and at that time I will remove the plastic and let these little herbs grow for a couple of months and then I will be ready to make tea at home, straight from fresh herbs (stay tuned)

Other Firsts: Today we received our first Organic Produce Delivery. I was really hoping to get a picture of all the goods, but Quinn got to it before me and was nice enough to put everything away, so all I have is this list of what we received.

Everything looked so yummy! I also, have never had fava beans, let alone prepared them at home so I am sure that will be coming soon ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment