Sunday, May 23, 2010

Day 143 - Tandem Biking

After the wedding yesterday, Quinn and I stayed out at the cabin again (it was actually closer than going back into Omaha) We slept in this morning then cleaned the cabin & hung out around the lake a bit. Quinn had the great idea to take the tandem bike around.

I was super excited! Ever since I saw this bike when my parents gave it to the family for Christmas last year I couldn't wait to finally ride it.

Quinn and I considered renting one last time we were in San Diego, but decided to pass - so not only was this my first tandem bike ride around the lake, but my first tandem bike ride ever

About 1/2 way around the lake loop I noticed a little turtle on the side of the road, so we turned around to say hello and I helped him cross the street so no one else would come by and possibly hit him.

Say hi, little turtle. He was pretty awesome.

I am not positive how long around it is - maybe 4 miles? It was a smooth, easy, fun ride and I am sure we will be doing it again soon

1 comment:

  1. Turtle rescue! i stopped traffic and saved one b4 people were mad but i felt like a hero

    ReplyDelete