Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Day 139 - Pico De Gallo

Our Organic Produce Delivery included 8 delicious Roma tomatoes. We are going to be out of town this weekend I didn't want these to go to waste, so I decided to make Pico De Gallo.

I have only ever had pico de gallo while at a Mexican Restaurant and it's always so delicious. Plus it is made with such yummy, fresh ingredients and I have often considered making it at home - so tonight, I did.

Ingredients:
Tomatoes (I used 4 Roma tomatoes, roughly chopped and seeds removed)
Red Onion (1/2 of a medium red onion, roughly chopped)
Garlic (as I started dicing, I realized I was out of fresh garlic so I used garlic powder, about 2 teaspoons - if I was using fresh, I would of done 2 cloves, finely diced or minced)
JalapeƱo pepper (1/2 pepper, seeds removed and finely diced)
Lime (1 lime, plus the juice of 1 lime)
Cilantro (2 large handfuls, about 2 tablespoons, roughly chopped)
Tortilla chips

All you need to do is combine everything in a bowl, mix it up & enjoy!

It turned out delicious. Another thing I want to make soon is ceviche (another favorite that I have only ever had in restaurants and always love it) and this pico de gallo had a similar flavor.

I am sure I will be making this again often over the coming summer months - with all the farmers markets and garden produce it will be so yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment