Friday, May 21, 2010

Day 141 - Brazilian Grilled Pineapple

We headed back to the lake after work today (I was in Arkansas again so I spent about 12 hours in a car today . . . it was nice to finally get here tonight & relax!)

It was just us kids since my parents are in Rome (jealous!) So we decided to keep it simple and made pizza for dinner. For dessert I made grilled pineapple with brown sugar.

I got the idea from the Brazilian-dinning concept. (Have you ever been to one of these restaurants? They are insane. I have only been to 1, once and they served like 16 different meats - all sliced off a large slab directly to your plate. The one thing I remember most about eating at this place was the grilled pineapple, well that and being so full when we were finished). Anyway, I have been wanting to try to make my own version of grilled pineapple ever since.

Ingredients:
Pineapple
Brown Sugar

First I sliced the pineapple & started the grill.

Next I sprinkled about 1/8 of a cup of sugar all over the pineapple and rubbed it into each piece with my (clean) hands.

Next I took all the pieces out to the grill and started cooking

I left it on the grill for about 5 minutes then flipped them and cooked for another 5 minutes

The were pretty good, but there are a couple of things I will do differently next time.

First, I did not give the grill enough time to warm up. I think if I would of waited a bit longer the pineapple would of cooked better.

Second, there was a slight meaty-flavor to the grilled pineapple - again I think letting the grill get hotter would of helped this. I think next time I will lay a sheet of foil down.

All-in-all the grilled pineapple was pretty good and I am glad I finally made a point to try this out. I am sure next time with my few simple changes it will be even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment