Saturday, May 29, 2010

Day 149- Drop Top to the Homeland

We woke up this morning and it was a glorious day!! So, rather than piling in the VW for our usual road trip to Nebraska, we opted for the Jeep - with the top down, so we could really enjoy the day!

Quinn raised the back seat and made a cozy little pen for Charlie to ride in and I made a point to pack lightly (which was easy to do since I knew we would be spending a lot of our time at the lake - you don't need much there, which I love)

(I did't think to take a picture until after we were driving, so this is the best I could get - although it's tough to see Charlie, you get a good idea of how he huddled up for the windy ride)

I can't believe we have never done the approximately 3-hour drive like this before . . .

Sure the gas mileage in the jeep isn't the best and talking on your cell phone or trying to read or knit is pretty much out of the question (typical car ride activities for me), but the wind blowing and sun shining was all I needed today!

It was such a fun way to start our trip home for the long weekend!!

Other Firsts: Blueberry Bread, My mom bought this bread to bring out to the lake - it was really yummy! Thanks momma :)


We also stopped over at our good friend's house, Jake & Tina's for a cook out this afternoon - it was the first time we had ever been to their house and it was adorable (no pictures though).

Long day - Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment