Monday, January 11, 2010

Day 11 - Free Books!

For a girl who has been in 2 book clubs for over 2 years now you would think I would have gotten a library card by now! But to be honest I cannot tell you the last time I had an actually library card. Sure in high school & college I would check things out from the school libraries, but I was probably around 10 years old when I was last a public library card holder (even then it was most likely in my moms name.

So tonight after work I headed to my local library and finally got a library card. Technically this is not my first library card, but it is my first one in Kansas and it was the first time I went all by myself to get one and I checked out a new book, The Girls from Ames, by Jeffery Zaslow. I also stumbled across the unabridged version of The Kite Runner, by Khaled Hosseini (I cannot believe I have not read this yet, it's been on my list for a couple of years now) and the audio version will be perfect while I do other new things!

No comments:

Post a Comment