Sunday, January 31, 2010

Day 31 - Groundhogs ( at least for a 5K)

This morning was one of the earliest Sundays Q and I have had in a while - we were out of the house around 7:45 A.M. and on our way to world's largest underground run.

Our destination was the 28th annual Groundhog run it is a fundraiser for the Children's Therapeutic Learning Center. Just last week Quinn asked me if I wanted to do the race with him - I was a bit unsure since I haven't been running as much as I used to, but then told him as long as we did the 5K and not the 10K, I was in and I am glad I agreed. It was fun to go for a run and not be on a treadmill or freezing.

Here we are right before it was time to start

Running through the caves - I was only a bit claustrophobic right before the start when we were all packed in pretty tight. Once we got moving it was actually really neat.

One last shot after the race

Other First: After the race we had a fun-filled day, first brunch at First Watch in Westport (this was the first time I had been here) then to Target and from there to stop by Kyle & Tiffany's to see the girls (we got to see Talia for the second time - the first time out of the hospital) we then ended up taking Mia & Remi with us to Cabela's (our first trip there) and they were loving it. Once we had our kettle corn and got them back home we stopped off at Costco (where we got our first rotisserie chicken, yummy).

No comments:

Post a Comment