Friday, January 8, 2010

Day 8 - A Piece of Cupcake (Triple Chocolate Cupcakes to be Exact)

Today I made a new cupcake recipe. I chose one from a book I have, Cupcakes by Shelly Kaldunski called Triple Chocolate Cupcakes. Not only was this the first time I made this recipe, but it was also my first time to make cupcakes with a filling.

Chocolate 1: Melting the chocolate for the batter

An ice cream scoop is a great way to put the batter into the cupcake pan.




Hollowing the cooled cupcakes to prep for chocolate #2


Chocolate 2: Semisweet chocolate glaze



Chocolate 3: White chocolate butter cream frosting.

The beginning of yummy butter cream



Almost ready - frosting time


Technically, these actually turned out to be quadruple chocolate cupcakes because I topped them with chocolate shavings


After lots of, stirring, mixing, baking, scooping & double boiling my triple chocolate cupcakes are all ready!

My lovely taste testers, Jenny & Erin (all the way from Omaha just to try a cupcake) :)



Other Firsts: A new wine Quinn surprised me with this cupcake wine to enjoy with the cupcakes.

I also had warm sangria for the first time. It was a special at the wine bar, Boozefish and it was perfect for the chilly night.

1 comment:

  1. yummmmmmmmmmmmy
    i want my cupcake!!!!!!!
    hehehehe
    case just left so come on over, or i will just see you tomorrow night, either way is fine!

    anthony's looked great too!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete