Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 25 - New Valentine's Decore

Tonight, after work, I wanted to do something creative (to help me relax after a stress-filled day) so after searching the Martha Stewart website a bit, I saw this fun, easy & pretty project - Crayon Hearts (plus you use an iron, so I thought if I had that out, I might just get some ironing done too *this did not happen).

Supplies: Crayons, wax paper, pencil sharpener, brown paper bags (or craft paper), scissors and silk thread

Start by shaving bits of crayon color onto the wax paper

Protect your iron and apply medium heat to melt all the crayon bits onto the paper

Take the beautiful colored sheets and trace & cut out different heart shapes. String with thread and hang in window


This project took longer than I expected, but it was fun. Also, I need to add a picture of the hearts during the day - when the sun streams through the colors of the hearts look different, which is neat.

(This would be a great project to do with kids & a fun way to use up old crayons)

No comments:

Post a Comment