Sunday, January 3, 2010

Day 3 - A New Way to Watch a Movie

It is quite the winter wonderland outside and I am still not feeling too great, but we are tired of being cooped up in the house so Quinn and I decided to see a movie tonight. This alone is a pretty big deal considering I probably only see about 3 movies at the theater in an entire year, but to take it to the next level and try something new we decided to pay a little more for our tickets and make a new experience out of it.


We went to see Up in the Air at AMC with a fork & screen ticket. It was $17.50 per ticket but $7.50 was applied towards a dining voucher and we also had some gift cards to use so it ended up being one of our cheapest dates in a long time.



The fork & screen movie experience was great and I would highly recommend it. There was a decent menu to select from and our food was pretty good. The other neat part of this was that they served drinks, so Quinn had a beer and I enjoyed a glass of wine. I don't want to spoil the movie, but Up in the Air was a pretty good movie with a neat message, so if you think the previews look good, check it out (waiting for it to be available to watch at home would be OK too).

Other Firsts: We ordered some type of veggie plate that was served with hummus. That was all we noticed on the menu and didn't pay attention to the specifics of the dish. It turned out that the vegetables that came with it were carrots, celery & jicama which I am pretty sure I have never had before. It was tasty and had an earthy flavor.

Goodnight for now ~

No comments:

Post a Comment