Monday, January 18, 2010

Day 18 - My First trip to a Yarn Shop

After work today I set out to purchase the yarn for my first ever knitting project (See Day 12). Thanks to the help of my knitting-neighbors I knew exactly where to go, a cute little yarn & knitting specialty store, Yarn Shop & More.

The lady working was extremely helpful! I explained how I just started knitting a week ago and that this would be my first project so she took the time to show me how the store was organized and what section to select my yarns from. It was so inspiring to see all the gorgeous yarns and samples throughout the store.

With my first set of my very own knitting needles and yarns in hand I headed home to begin my 'test of patience' aka - a pretty ambitious large project for just starting out (in my opinion).



Once I was ready to get started I called Katie, one of my helpful neighbors to make sure I was on the right track. She invited me to stop by if I needed any help - I told her I would give it a shot, but if I got stuck I would be there! Well about 10 minutes later I was knocking on their door. Katie was very helpful to get me going on the new project - Thank you! (Notice that I am not telling you what the project is - you will have to wait until it is all finished, but I will share a couple of picture of how it looks so far).


So far, so good (for my first project) stay tuned for the finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment