Saturday, January 30, 2010

Day 30 - Port Wine

Yes, I like wine :) (second new wine this week) Tonight our good friends Casey & Lindsey came over and we all had a wonderful dinner at this great restaurant, La Bodega.

Before they got to our house Quinn ran out to but some wine and beers and I asked him to also get a bottle of port wine since I had no plans for my something new - I thought I might be able to find something on the menu at La Bodega, but wanted to have this ready in case I still needed something once we got home.

We did try some new things off the menu that were delicious, but nothing worthy of my new experience for the day so once we got back to our house (and Casey & Lindsey headed home because Lindsey wasn't feeling too great) Quinn and I opened the port wine and got the meringues, whip cream & berries ready.


The port win was really interesting. I was expecting to hate it (which has a lot to do with why I have never tried it before) and at first taste I was still not sure about it, but after my second sip I realized it reminded me of a fig newton cookie and that made it so much better (funny how that works).


It will probably be a while before I have port wine again, but I am glad to know what it taste like.

Other First: Meringue with roasted berries - so yummy!



Quinn loved it too (he hardly ever has dessert) and finished his entire one - Success

Time for bed - early morning tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment