Thursday, January 28, 2010

Day 28 - A New Sip (of wine)

A few months ago some girl friends and I decided to start a 'wine night'. Here is a fun picture of the pretty table Bethany and Lindsey set up for us tonight - so lovely.

Here's how it works - We select a new region or grape to try and everyone but the hostess brings a bottle to share. I have a game I got as a gift a couple of years ago called Wineopoly (just like Monopoly but it is all about wine) so we use that to choose the new wines and learn more about the new varieties

A quick pic of my friend Mary Jane and me :)

As we taste the new wines we pass around our wine journal and rate and comment on each one. Tonight the selection was Bordeaux.

Everyone loved this wine - it was probably the most popular yet :) and this was the first time I ever tired Bordeaux (I always stick with what I know and love - for example Cabernet, Merlot, Chardonnay and Sauvigon blanc.) I love an excuse to try a new wine and tonight was one of the best yet! Another successful wine night!

2 comments:

  1. OOOH! if i ever get to move to KC can I please please join? sounds SOOOO fun! is this the same one that my Lindsey comes to? yay for living life and having great times with girlies! XXXliza

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally Liza!! Yes, Lindsey is part of this fun group. Hurry up and move here already <3

    ReplyDelete